- PhD, University of Virginia, Religious Studies (Religious Ethics) (in progress)
- MPH, University of Virginia, Concentration: Public Health, Law, and Ethics (2022).
Thesis: Nuisance, Eviction, and Policing: From Carcerality to Transformative Justice
- MDiv, Princeton Theological Seminary (2019)
- BA, Lee University: Biblical and Theological Studies and Communications (2015)
Christian Ethics, Black Studies, Housing/Home, Black Feminism/Womanism, Gender and Queer Studies
Social, Moral, and Political Thought; Black Religious Knowledges: Ethics of Place and Space; Christian Ethics; Religion and Black Studies
- Teaching Assistant for Religion, Ethics, and Healthcare (Fall 2023)
- Graduate Assistant for Hoos Getting Ready Program (Summer 2023)
- Teaching Assistant for Religion Ethics and the Global Environment (Spring 2023)
- Teaching Assistant for Religion, Ethics, and Moral Problems (Fall 2022)
- Graduate Assistant for Hoos Getting Ready Program (Summer 2022)
- Teaching Assistant for Religion Ethics, and the Global Environment (Spring 2021)
- Graduate Researcher at the Virginia Health Department (January 2022-June 2022)
- Research Assistant for Gratitude to God Grant (January 2021-May 2022)
- Research Assistant for the Black Church and HIV/AIDS project (June 2021-May 2022)
- Research Assistant for Business Ethics (June 2021-August 2021)
- Southern Regional Education Board Doctoral Scholar for Minority Future Scholars, National (2023)
- Raven Honorary Society Initiate, UVA (2022)
- Society of Fellows, UVA (2022)
- Dean’s MPH-PhD Fellowship in Public Health, UVA (2021)
- Doctoral Fellowship for Theological Educators, Louisville Institute (2020-2021)
- Forum for Theological Education, Forum for Theological Exploration (2020)
- Religion, Race, and Democracy Research Grant, UVA (2020)
- Dean’s Doctoral Fellowship, UVA (2019)
- Samuel Wilson Blizzard Memorial Award for the Social Ministry, PTS (2019)
- Jean Anne Swope and James L. Mechem Award in Christian Ethics, PTS (2019)
- Thomas W. Gillespie Grant for Working Students, PTS (2017, 2018)
- Seminary Full Tuition Fellowship, PTS (2016-2019)
- Centennial Gold Scholarship for Full Tuition, Lee University (2012-2014)
- Poiema Scholarship for Ministerial Calling, Lee University (2011-2012)
- Centennial Scholarship for Full Tuition, Lee University (2011)
- Panelist on “Constructing Religious Infrastructures and Architectures Roundtable,” Religion and Cities Unit/Religion and Economy Unit. American Academy of Religion, San Antonio, TX. November 2023.
- Panelist on “Should We Abolish the Family?: On the Relationship Between Care and the State,” Law, Religion, and Culture Unit. American Academy of Religion, San Antonio, TX. November 2023.
- Lecture on Social Determinants of Health in Religion, Ethics, and the Healthcare, University of Virginia, September 27th, 2023.
- In Conversation with Matthew Johnson on Religion and Cop City. Fellowship for Protestant Ethics, Charlottesville, VA. June 23rd, 2023.
- Planning Committee for Climate Justice, Religion, and Democracy. Fellowship for Protestant Ethics, University of Virginia, June 22-25th, 2023.
- Planning Committee for Myth, Modernity, and the Sacred Conference. Page-Barbour funded workshop, University of Virginia, April 27-28th, 2023.
- Respondent to Bettina Judd’s Feelin: Creative Practice, Pleasure, and Black Feminist Thought, University of Virginia. April 4th, 2023.
- Lecture on Environmental Justice in Religion, Ethics, and the Global Environment, University of Virginia, February 20th, 2023.
- Invited Lecture in To Make the Wounded Whole: Religion, Trauma, and Healing, Wake Forest University. February 14th, 2023.
- “Embodying Hope in the Midst of Crisis: A Spatial Ethic of Home.” Society of Christian Ethics Future Scholars Panel. Chicago, IL. Jan 5, 2023.
- Invited Lecture for Seminarians for Peace and Justice at Princeton Theological Seminary. February 26, 2021.
- Invited Lecture in Character and the Good Life: Negotiating Questions of Race, Class and Gender, Wake Forest University. October 9th, 2020.
- Book Manuscript Panelist for Vincent Llyod’s Black Dignity at University of Virginia. Zoom, Charlottesville, Virginia. August 14, 2020.
- “Costly Grace: Redress and Accountability” Student Panelist Slavery Audit Conference, Princeton Theological Seminary. Princeton, New Jersey. April 9, 2019.