- Doctor of Philosophy in Religious Studies (anticipated completion Date: May 2025)
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Area of Study: Religion, Literature, and Culture
Dissertation: The Dark Arts: Religious Worldbuilding in Experimental African-American Literature
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies, 2019.
University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Area of Study: Religion & Literature
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies & History, 2017.
Young Harris College, Young Harris, GA
Research & Teaching Interests
Religion and Literature, Aesthetics, Africana Religions, Philosophy of Religion, American Religious History, Afro-Buddhism, Theories and Methods of Religious Studies, Black Studies, African-American Literary History and Theory, Theories of Modernity and Post-Modernity, Ritual Studies, Interpretation Theory.
- Africana Religious History
- Theories and Methods of Religion: Black Religious Studies
- Theories and Methods of Religion: Religion and Literature
- Hermeneutics & Interpretation Theory
- 20th Century African American Fiction
- American Spirituality: Spiritual But Not Religious, University of Virginia, Spring 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Introduction to Asian Religions, University of Virginia, Fall 2021
- Introduction to Anthropology, University of Virginia, Fall 2020, TA
- Introduction to Religious Thought, University of Georgia, Fall 2018 & Spring 2019, Instructor
- Introduction to Western Traditions, University of Georgia, Fall 2017 & Spring 2018, TA