Blaine Patrick Werner, Jr.
- University of Virginia - MA Religious Studies (anticipated completion: 2021)
- Amherst College - BA cum laude, Psychology and Religion (2015)
- Central University of Tibetan Studies - January Term Academic Exchange in Sarnath, India (2013)
Buddhist modernities; Buddhist philosophy and ethics; American religions; Historical and contemporary contemplative practice traditions; Philosophy of attention; Cognitive affective neuroscience; Changing implicit cognition and bias; Moral psychology.
Selected Academic Awards
The Moseley Prize, Third Prize, Amherst College (2015). The Moseley Prize is awarded to seniors for the best essays on a subject approved by the Department of Religion. Essay Title: “The Buddha from Brooklyn: A Case Study in Western Lamas and New Buddhisms.”
Other Academic Employment
- Research Assistant, Contemplative Sciences Center, University of Virginia (current)
- Lab Manager and Research Associate, Center for Neural Decision Making, Fox Business School at Temple University
- Research Assistant, Expanding Children's Early Learning (ExCEL) Project, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Summer Research Assistant, Dan Gilbert Lab, Psychology Department, Harvard University
- Summer Research Assistant, Decision Research, Psychology Department, University of Oregon