Gibson Hall, S-061
- BA, Bowdoin College
- MA, University of Virginia
- PhD, University of Virginia
- The history of East African religious movements
- Indigenous religions, Christianity, and Islam in Western Kenya
- Gender and religion in Africa
- African indigenous religious rituals
- History of religions, theory and method
- The Religious Quest (RELG 1500)
- Introduction to African Religions (RELA 2750)
- Christianity in Africa (RELA/C 3890)
- Women and Religion in Africa (RELA/AAS 3000)
- Religious Themes in African Literature and Film (RELA 4559)
- Christian Missions in Contemporary Africa (RELA 4085)
- Crafting a Research Project in Religious Studies (RELG 4800/RELG 5801)
- Theories in the Study of Religion (Co-taught; RELG 5170)
- Millennialism on the Margins: Islam and Patterns of Religious Change in Colonial Western Kenya. Book manuscript in-progress.
- "The Roho Churches of Kenya.” Encyclopedia of African Religions and Philosophy. Edited by V.Y. Mudimbe and Kasereka Kavwahirehi. Springer Publishing. In Press.
- "Possessing Spirits, Powerful Water and Possible Continuities.” In East African Revival: History and Legacies, edited by Brian Ward and Emma Wildwood. Ashgate Publishers, 2012, 73-87.
- “Henry Owuor Anyumba.” Dictionary of African Biography. Edited by Emmanuel K. Akyeampong and Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Oxford University Press. 2011.
- Women of Fire and Spirit: History, Faith and Gender in Roho Religion in Western Kenya. Oxford University Press. 1996.