- Ph.D Religious Studies, University of Virginia, [anticipated 2017]
- M.A. Religious Studies, University of Virginia, 2011
- M.A.T.S. Theology and Ethics, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, 2004
- B.A. Goshen College, 1997
DissertationA critical survey of current understandings of religion in the young field of religious peacebuilding and a subsequent study of recent strategies and practices of peacebuilding developed by religious actors lead to the presentation of an alternate conceptualization of religious communities appropriate for contexts of protracted conflict.
- Religious Traditions and Conflicts
- Christian Theology, especially questions of the political and the church, messianisms and Christologies, bodies and suffering, and the reading of the scriptures.
- Pragmatism and Semiotics
- Hermeneutics and Phenomenology
- Logic and Scriptures
- Aesthetics and Ethics
At the University of Virginia
- Theology, Ethics, and Healthcare, Fall 2012 -- T.A. for Dr. Jim Childress.
- Spirituality in America: "Spiritual but not religious", Spring 2013 -- T.A. for Dr. Matt Hedstrom.
- Elements of Christian Thought, Fall 2013 -- T.A. for Dr. Paul Jones.
- Intro to Judaic Tradition, Spring 2014 -- T.A. for Dr. Elizabeth Shanks Alexander.
At Eastern Mennonite University
- Monotheisms in Conversation: Praying, Reading, Reasoning in Judaism, Islam, and Christianity, Spring 2014 -- Lead Instructor, co-taught with Amir Akrami and Niles Goldstein.
- Cambridge Interfaith Program's Summer School, Summer 2012 -- Intern teacher and facilitator.
- "The Music of Scripture": 2012 Scriptural Reasoning Training Tour, University of Virginia, Eastern Mennonite University, and George Mason University, June 2012 -- co-leader and -head teacher, along with Ben Maton, and Dr. Peter Ochs.
- "Scripture and the Sword": Scriptural Reasoning for Drew University's 'Drew Institute on Religion and Conflict Transformation,' June 2013 -- co-organizer and teacher.
- Cambridge Interfaith Program's Summer School, Summer 2014 -- Scriptural Reasoning Teacher and Facilitator.
- 2014-2015 Jewish Studies Interdisciplinary Graduate Fellowship of the University of Virginia.
- "Gender, Sex, and Love -- Margaret Farley's Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics," Nov. 21, 2013 for Dr. Paul Jones' course: Elements of Christian Thought.