Office hours: 1:30-3:30 Mondays
- BA—New School University
- M.Div.—Boston University School of Theology
I study the place of religious liberalism in the modern secular state, contrasting the French and American models.
- Religious liberalism
- French and American secularism
- The reception of Asian religions in the West
- American Pragmatism
- Religious responses to mental health and addiction
- The Rise of the Nones
- 19th and 20th French and American intellectual history
“American Anatheism: AA and the Art of Narrative Healing” in The Art of Anatheism (eds. Matthew Clemente and Richard Kearney; London: Rowman and Littlefield, 2017).