James Davison Hunter
Cabell Hall, 548
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Gordon College
- Master of Arts (MA), Rutgers University : New Brunswick
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Rutgers University : New Brunswick
In recent years, much of Mr. Hunter's time has focused on establishing and overseeing the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture, a university-based, interdisciplinary research center concerned with understanding contemporary cultural change and its implications for individuals, institutions, and society. Under his direction, the Institute has sponsored university-wide colloquia, provided doctoral and post-doctoral research support, held conferences, and fielded a national survey of public opinion on the changing political values in late 20th century America.
- The Center on Religion & Democracy Operating Funds
- The Center's mission is to explore the dynamic role religion plays in both strengthening and weakening American democratic ideals, institutions, and practices.
- Project Sponsored By: The Pew Charitable Trusts
- 08/01/2004 - 08/31/2008
- Character Formation in American Homes: A National Study
- Project Sponsored By: The John Templeton Foundation
- 10/15/2010 - 10/14/2012
- Award Amount: $850,000.00